Hiring: Governor’s Institute
Job Type: Full-Time
The Governor’s Institute, a growing statewide nonprofit, seeks a motivated individual for the role of Communications Manager. In this capacity they will raise the profile of the organization and manage the organization’s internal and external communications needs.
- Provides website support focusing on community outreach, audience targeting and engagement; plans, creates, monitors and edits web content and campaign communications; coordinates social media communications and selects appropriate platforms.
- Prepares and coordinates content for news releases, announcements, newsletters, and presentations; edits internal communications; gathers and edits content; writes articles; prepares speaking points; coordinates and evaluates correspondence, management reports, information released online and to the media.
- Serves as the Institute liaison and provides communications support; assists with media inquiries; coordinates response to information requests and inquiries; participates in meetings; facilitates the provision of responses and solutions to customer concerns.
- Provides event and special project coordination and support of promotional items, communications and related resources.
- Acts as brand manager monitoring the correct use of organization logo and mark on all outgoing communication.
- May provide advice on script, format, layout, design and music for video production.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
Additional Information Knowledge of:
- Practices and guidelines of news writing and editing.
- Business math concepts.
- Best practices, trends and emerging technologies.
- Customer service principles.
- Specialized equipment relevant to area of assignment.
- Modern office technology.
- Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn organic and paid promotion.
- Planning, preparing, designing and editing communications materials.
- Gathering data, analyzing findings and applying logic and reason.
- Coordinating deadlines and prioritizing competing demands.
- Monitoring schedules, status and compliance.
- Researching industry trends, solutions and best practices.
- Compiling and sorting data and articulating issues and recommendations.
- Authoring and preparing original reports, documents and presentations.
- Providing customer service.
- Utilizing communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisors, the general public and others to sufficiently exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
Bachelor’s Degree in Communications with 2-3 years of related experience or a combination of related education and work experience.
$42,000 – $50,000 depending on experience.
Apply here: http://govinst.org/careers/
To submit other job openings, fill out this form