Thanks to Alyssa Parker, Director of Communications at BBB of Eastern North Carolina, Inc., for sending this opportunity our way!
Job Description: BBB serving Eastern NC is looking for an employee with great organizational, interpersonal and PR skills to help perpetuate the BBB brand through various platforms, programs, and initiatives within BBB’s 33-county service area. The Communications Specialist will assist with asset and campaign creation, establishing and maintaining positive relationships with community organizations, and performing other activities to enhance the presence of BBB within the community.
This position reports to BBB’s Director of Communications.
- Help plan, implement and execute both virtual and in-person events and seminars.
- Create and design graphics for social media use, internal distribution, and relevant campaigns.
- Write 4-6 press releases per month.
- Record and edit BBB podcast.
- Cultivate positive relationships with relevant organizations and community partners. Participate in appropriate community collaborations.
- Conduct outreach activities designed to create awareness about BBB. Outreach activities include public presentations, participation in community events, and one on one engagement with Accredited Businesses and community stakeholders.
- Create new programs to better inform specific age demographics about the services BBB has to offer.
- Submit monthly reports related to outreach activities to the Director of Communications.
- Display excellent communication skills required in working with coworkers, BBB Accredited Business members, and the general public and including the ability to communicate effectively, work with people of diverse social, economic, educational, ethnic and cultural backgrounds;
- Proficiently operate standard office equipment, including computer hardware and software applications. (i.e., Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Windows, PowerPoint and Access).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Work Remotely: No