Available Job Title
Brief Job Description
Description of Work
The Tryon Palace Development Office works to build rapport with donors and contributors, manage fundraising efforts, and facilitate grant-writing efforts to support the overall mission of Tryon Palace. Private funding development includes initiating and maintaining relationships with prospective funding sources, conducting prospect research, maintaining a donor and prospect database, providing staff leadership for major capital campaigns and annual giving campaign, and soliciting gifts. The development team works within the Tryon Palace Public Affairs strategy to coordinate institutional outreach to the community, state, and nation through careful analysis of target markets. The Development Office conducts prospect research to support fundraising. It develops and recommends policy on naming opportunities, donor recognition, and fundraising practices that impact the public perception and effectiveness of Tryon Palace.
The Development Manager is primarily responsible for day-to-day operations of the Tryon Palace Development team. This position is a management position that has direct responsibility for managing the Development team efforts, providing guidance and assistance to the Tryon Palace Foundation Board of Directors, and supporting the daily operation of the Foundation. This position is responsible for setting meetings, writing correspondence, and scheduling assignments on behalf of and for Foundation Board of Directors to support fundraising efforts in capital campaigns, endowment, annual funds, corporate sponsorship, and planned giving programs. This position will assure Development Team compliance with nonprofit organization standards of donor relations, record keeping, budget tracking and management, and stewardship. The Development Manager serves as an integral member of the Tryon Palace Public Affairs team and represents Tryon Palace Public Affairs in the absence of the Director of Public Affairs. The person in this position must have a friendly, enthusiastic, professional, and helpful attitude. This person must also have a high level of grammatical accuracy while being able to write and speak in an exemplary manner.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities / Competencies
To receive credit for your work history and credentials, you must provide the information on the application form. Any information omitted from the application form, listed as general statements, listed under the text resume section, or on an attachment will not be considered for qualifying credit.
In order to qualify for this position, you must meet ALL the following KSA’s listed below:
- Must have experience in fundraising from private sources for capital campaigns, endowment, annual funds, corporate sponsorship, and/or planned giving.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple employees or volunteers.
- Must have administrative skills to include writing communications, scheduling meetings, taking meeting minutes, and budget tracking.
- Demonstrated experience in meeting new people and attending social events.
- Demonstrated experience in basic accounting while accurately maintaining expenses and generated revenue by using budget tracking methods.
- Demonstrated knowledge of office equipment and technology, including Microsoft Office Suite, data management software and donor research software.
- Valid NC Driver’s License or be able to obtain one within 30 days.
- Demonstrated success and expertise working with capital fundraising, planned giving programs, annual contributions, memberships, sponsorships, and grants.
- Established professional with Certified Fund-Raising Executive (CFRE) certification.
- 3 – 5 years managing a team.
- Knowledge of Blackbaud/Raiser’s Edge software.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or nonprofit management.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, business, or a related degree from an appropriately accredited institution, and three years of experience in public relations, communications, or fund-raising or an equivalent combination of education and experience.