Raleigh Public Relations Society Announces New Board Members
— Triangle Public Relations Practitioners Named RPRS Officers for 2011-2012 —
Raleigh, N.C. – December 13, 2011 – The Raleigh Public Relations Society (RPRS), a professional development organization for Triangle communication professionals, announced its new board members Tuesday.
The board’s term will run until November 2012 and includes:
· Katy Hipp Burgwyn (Marbles Kids Museum & IMAX Theatre), president
· Stephanie Llorente (Butterball, LLC), vice president
· Christa Leupen, treasurer
· Kelly Hubbard (Largemouth Communications), membership chair
· Ashley Andrews (Jennings), newsletter chair
· Josie Butler (Clairemont Communications), publicity chair
· Lauren Brown (S&A Cherokee), web chair
· Eva Hornak (S.T. Wooten Corporation), awards chair
· Lindsay Priester (Rountree Communications), banquet chair
· Mallory Hatcher (Hope Community Church), secretary/historian
· Joe Mecca (Coastal Federal Credit Union), member at large
· Kerry Heckle (Rex Healthcare), member at large
“We’re excited to welcome such a diverse group to the board this year,” said Katy Hipp Burgwyn, president, RPRS. “Each member brings a wealth of knowledge to the table, and we feel that this board is really well-rounded – we have members from the corporate, agency and nonprofit side of public relations. We’re looking forward to many educational opportunities this year.”
The board is responsible for all RPRS professional development programs including monthly lunch meetings and the annual Sir Walter Raleigh Awards for Excellence in Communication, which recognizes the best public relations campaigns and tactics in North Carolina.
For more than 50 years, the Raleigh Public Relations Society (RPRS) has advanced the art and science of public relations and strengthened communication, understanding and cooperation among diverse individuals, organizations and institutions throughout the Triangle. For more information, visit www.rprs.org.