Our friends, and fellow RPRS members, at the Better Business Bureau are hiring for a Community Outreach Specialist. Sound interesting? Keep reading for all the details, including how to apply.
Better Business Bureau
Community Outreach Specialist
Brief Job Description
BBB serving Eastern NC is looking for an employee with great organizational and interpersonal skills to help educate the general public about the services and value of BBB at various events and presentations throughout BBB’s 33-county service area. The Community Outreach Specialist will assist with establishing and maintaining positive relationships with community organizations and performing other activities to enhance the presence of BBB within the community.
- Conduct outreach activities designed to create awareness about BBB. Outreach activities include public presentations, participation in community events, and one on one engagement with Accredited Businesses and community stakeholders.
- Presentations: At least 4-6 a month
- Events: 20 large scale events per year
- Lead investigations into businesses and develop releases and stories for a variety of platforms
- Cultivate positive relationships with relevant organizations and community partners. Participate in appropriate community collaborations.
- Create new programs to better inform specific age demographics about the services BBB has to offer.
- Expand and/or create informational series for consumers and businesses
- Assist in planning events in areas outside of the Triangle
- Submit monthly report related to outreach activities to supervisor
- Participate in monthly Communications team meeting.
- Display excellent communication skills required in working with coworkers, BBB Accredited Business members, and the general public and including the ability to communicate effectively, work with people of diverse social, economic, educational, ethnic and cultural backgrounds;
- Proficiently operate standard office equipment, including computer hardware and software applications. (i.e., Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Windows, PowerPoint and Access).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have:
- Public speaking skills
- Experience with event planning
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with the basics of marketing, public relations and social media campaigns
- A four-year college degree
- Some graphics experience is a plus
Leave a Reply