Do you love parks? Raleigh Parks is seeking a creative, organized, and energetic communications professional who is passionate about promoting programs and services that impact the community.
The Marketing Communications Analyst will join a highly motivated team responsible for communication strategy, content creation, brand management, media relations, and evaluation for Raleigh Parks, Recreation, and Cultural Resources Department. The Marketing Communications Analyst manages the content, design, and production of various materials to engage the community with clear and compelling messages. The ideal candidate works well independently but also enjoys being a part of a creative team. We are looking for a team member that values equity and inclusion and is looking for an opportunity to make a difference!
Hiring Range: $50,138.00 – $60,800.00 (Promotional range may vary)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with staff to understand project goals and provides recommendations on design format, image selection, print specifications, and timeline.
- Serves as a project manager between graphic designers and Raleigh Parks staff to produce a variety of print collateral.
- Provides copywriting and copyediting services while also reviewing content for accessibility standards.
- Effectively communicates required edits and assists with graphic design changes.
- Facilitates the print process between Raleigh Parks and City of Raleigh Print Services as well as external vendors.
- Reviews and verifies that all projects comply with City of Raleigh brand and Raleigh Park sub-brand standards.
- Manages the development and application of the Raleigh Parks sub-brand.
- Coordinates and manages contracted and part-time creative services team, as needed (i.e. graphic designers, photographers, editors).
- Provides event and special project support for campaigns and park dedications.
- Develops internal training materials related to design, print, and branding.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in public relations, communications, public affairs or directly related field and two years of public communications experience such as writing, editing, graphic design and layout and/or communications planning.
An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above, unless otherwise subject to any other requirements set forth in law or regulation.
- Marketing and communications strategies to enhance awareness, recognition, and differentiation.
- Principles of graphic design, layout, and publishing.
- AP style guidelines and principles of effective writing.
- Current communication trends.
- Current communication technology with demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite. Must have the ability to become proficient in other technology systems.
- Working collaboratively with diverse groups at all levels within the organization and the community.
- Oral, written, and verbal communication skills, including copywriting and copyediting.
- Creating and delivering clear messages through a variety of channels.
- Project management with great attention to detail.
- Organizing, planning, and managing project logistics.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving.
- Communicating feedback clearly and in a positive manner.
- Independently leading projects while ensuring all applicable deadlines are met.
- Thinking creatively and providing solid rationale for recommendations.
- Handling multiple projects and prioritizing different tasks with a sense of urgency.
- Providing excellent customer service.
ADA and Other Requirements:
Positions in this class typically require: fingering, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Work is routinely performed in an indoor, office environment.