Thanks to RPRS member Caroline Schmid for letting us know about the latest opening at McKeeman Communications! McKeeman is an integrated public relations and communications agency that places a high value on client service and creative problem-solving. Their team is energized with opportunities that allow them to help brands change perceptions and build relationships.
PR Sr. Account Executive
This is a public relations/marketing position with primary functions that include account leadership, aligning communications strategy with clients’ desired outcomes, strong writing abilities, community relations, social media management, and event marketing/coordination.
- Minimum of four years of experience, with two in an agency environment
- Outgoing and driven to build relationships with clients, news media, businesses, and community groups
- Proven track record of successful account or project management
- Creativity and initiative in brainstorming new ideas, developing plans/campaigns, conducting research, and problem-solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Solid knowledge of effective social media management and execution including content development, posting, etc.
Essential responsibilities include:
- Account leadership and strategy development
- Client calendar management including a holistic approach to integrated marketing communications
- Client relations, including daily communication, leading in-person and/or zoom meetings (bi-weekly touchpoints, annual planning, and reporting)
- Managing account teams on small to mid-sized clients for the agency, including strong collaboration with agency leadership and colleagues
- Local market research, such as news and event monitoring, community group and business contact list research, and media and influencer list development
- Copywriting and collateral development, including press releases, media advisories, newsletters, social media posts
- Media relations, including strategy, proactive outreach, and interview coordination/attendance, and coaching
- Campaign development and management
- Plan, coordinate, and execute media events, grassroots marketing, and cross-promotional opportunities
- Business development support
Expectations of position:
A commitment to our team’s core values:
- Freakishly-curious problem solving
- Culture of appreciation
- Promise and exceed expectations
- Bias toward action
- For the greater good
- A high sense of urgency
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to excel in both individual and team environments, and inherent ability to thrive in a team-centered culture
- Positive representation of McKeeman and its clients at all times
McKeeman offers a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, as well as a comprehensive benefits package including generous paid time off, paid holidays, health insurance, Simple IRA plan, paid sabbaticals, and work-from-home opportunities.
Learn more and apply online at https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2671368079/!