Thank you to RPRS friend Sheena Cooper of Durham Public Schools for sharing this opportunity with us! Are you interested in the role of Communications/Marketing Specialist? Keep reading for details and the link to apply.
Brief Job Description
The Communications/Marketing Specialist manages internal and external communication and collateral that promotes schools and Durham Public Schools as a whole. The specialist works closely with the Chief Communications Officer, Director of Marketing and Community Engagement, and Digital Communications Specialist to support media, communications, and events.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Assist in implementing communication strategies that include media outreach and content creation.
- Draft press releases, develop content for the DPS website, newsletters and other publications or materials.
- Provide messaging for district initiatives, and promotional activities or events for school communities.
- Work with internal staff to brainstorm content ideas and other storytelling opportunities.
- Provide assistance for special events as needed.
- Attend Board of Education meetings and other district-wide events as requested.
- Help foster positive relationships with media outlets.
- Assist with digital media creation as required.
- Support in-person and virtual community engagement events, processes and campaigns.
- Track and respond to public records requests.
Click below to learn more about this opportunity and apply online.
Leave a Reply