Thank you to RPRS member Cherith Andes for this tip about a job opening at PPD for an experienced corporate communications manager!
We are vital links between an idea for a new medicine and the people who need it. We are the people of PPD — thousands of employees in locations worldwide connected by tenacity and passion for our purpose: to improve health. You will be joining a truly collaborative and winning culture as we strive to bend the time and cost curve of delivering life-saving therapies to patients.
About the Department:
Our colleagues in Corporate Communications strive for excellence in every task, at every moment. We are game changers seeking improvements to processes and more efficient ways of working or adapting to changing financial and industry environments. This role can be held in either of our North Carolina offices (Raleigh or Wilmington) or home-based within North Carolina.
About the Position:
PPD, the clinical research division of Thermo Fisher Scientific, has a new opening for a Corporate Communications Manager to support internal communications efforts, developing executive messaging and helping plan employee outreach initiatives for leaders.
About our Culture, Career Advancement and Benefits:
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. We offer continued career advancement opportunities, award winning training and benefits focused on the health and well-being of our employees.
- Managing and implementing global strategies and initiatives for internal communications
- Leading strategic and tactical communication efforts for assigned teams that help achieve business objectives.
- Using analysis, insights and knowledge to help shape the strategy and vision for the internal communications function for respective teams.
- Supporting corporate-wide communications efforts, develop executive messaging and help plan employee outreach events for leaders.
- Writing and editing group-wide communications
- Applying creativity to develop new approaches, methods and designs for internal communications
- Developing talking points, scripts and/or PowerPoint presentations for executive leaders
- Leading workstreams and projects, coordinating the efforts of others and influencing outcomes to meet departmental standards and advance company objectives
- Working with highly confidential information, adhering to company and department policies and SEC and AP guidelines
- The ideal candidate will have strong writing background (AP style), able to juggle multiple priorities and ability to work with executive leadership. SharePoint knowledge helpful.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification; degree in communications, public relations or journalism preferred.
Previous experience in internal communications, external communications, public affairs, corporate positioning and/or integrated communications that provides the knowledge, skills,and abilities to perform the job (comparable to 8 years’) or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Understanding and experience in applying AP guidelines
- Proven planning, organizational and project management skills
- Ability to work independently, make good decisions and apply sound judgment
- Strong experience in corporate brand and product positioning
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines with a quality product
- Experience in SharePoint / intranet content development and management
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Proven ability to work with senior leaders
- Ability to negotiate outcomes with management and external vendors
- Ability to consistently work well with others
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop
PPD values the health and well-being of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner.
- Able to work upright and stationary for typical working hours.
- Ability to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency.
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities.
- May require as-needed travel to other offices or corporate events (10%)